Clarity Recruitment Menu


Registration as a Dentist in the UK

All dentists wishing to practise in the UK must first be registered with the General Dental Council. 

European qualified dentists from EEA can apply for GDC registration online. You can find all the information regarding the registration here.

Besides the application form and other documents, GDC require applicants from EEA countries to provide appropriate evidence that they have the necessary knowledge of English before they can be registered. To be accepted, you will have to take the IELTS test and get a score of 7.0 or higher. 

To work within an NHS Dental Practice in the UK, you may also have to meet additional clinical standards by completing a Vocational Training. During this period (6-12months), you will be mentored by a mentor (dentist).

Any Dentist who wishes to work for the NHS must obtain a Performer Number. Once you receive your Performer Number you can work within a NHS Practice.

If you are thinking of working as a Dentist in the UK and need help with all this process, please contact us.

Posted on 18 January 2019 by Andreia Castro
Share This Article